- Salary: Not disclosed
- Industry: Finance & Fintech
- Role Category: Information Technology
- Role: Data engineer
- Employment Type: Permanent
One of the top comparative insurance agencies is making it easier for small business to choose the coverage that fits their need.
- Designs the solution and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution. Prepares technical design and implementation design documents and works with product management to ensure all project requirements are met.
- Troubleshoots application problems.
- Provides project team leadership.
- Develops and documents strategies, policies and best practices.
Participate in and drive ethnographic and user research.
Qualifications and skills
Hands-on experience in implementing large and fast data platforms.
- Ability to deliver onsite proof of concepts for distributed databases and datagrids.
- Thorough understanding of big data, EDW and in-memory data grids like geode/gemfire, times Ten, Teradata, Greenplum etc.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Proven consultative and client relationships skills and experience.
- Extensive experience with multiple operating systems, Linux/Unix in particular.
- Extensive knowledge of BI/DW solutions and execution experience implementing data warehouses.
- Extensive experience developing enterprise applications using Java and Spring.
- Experience working in Professional Services / Consulting on high impact, data oriented projects with smaller, independent project teams.
- Experience optimizing/tuning DB Performance with a variety of RDBMS.
- Experience in designing and deploying enterprise data warehouse solutions; familiarity with data modeling approaches such as ERD and concepts behind relational, normalized and star schema database architectures.
- ETL/ELT experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Datastage, etc. Familiarity with scripting languages: shell, Perl/Python/C.